Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jacob's Ladder of Love

My husband is trying to hold the quilt up all by himself.
I have been sewing the binding to the back of this quilt and I finished it today. This quilt has been patiently waiting for me to get it done and I am very happy with the way it turned out. It finished at 71" x 80" and I used a variety of blue and neutral fabrics for the blocks.

This quilt will be going to my nephew Jake. His Mom, my sister Christine, chose the backing fabric for it and it is quite a surprise....dragons. Jake was born in the year of the Dragon and she felt it would be a perfect fit for him. I can't wait until he gets to use his new quilt.

I can't resist showing a picture of what my back yard looked like this morning. It was a perfect day to spend cuddled under a quilt and adding the finishing touches to it. It has been snowing off and on all day today - I do hope that warmer weather is on the way - Spring would be most welcome here!


8 comments:

laurajane said...

Lovely quilt.
Keep warm.xx

Cathy said...

Congrats on the finish. I just love Jacob's Ladder quilts. Excellent choice of backing.

Manuela said...

Beautiful Quilt.

Greetings, Manuela

scraphappy said...

Your Jacobs Ladder quilt turned put great! Looks like spring has yet to spring for you--enjoy your inside time.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Jacobs Ladder of Love is beautiful! It will keep him warm and loved for years to come! Love sis

Deb A said...

Looks like a perfect day to sit inside and stitch! Love the snowy picture and your JL quilt is beautiful.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

One of my favorite quilt blocks. I made one out of ugly floral fabrics and a solid and it turned out wonderful. Fun block to stitch also!

Connie said...

Beautiful Ellen! I've got a pile of these blocks too and now I can't wait to get them sewn together after seeing yours!