Friday, February 22, 2013

Finally - Some Sewing to Share



Holy maka-doodle it has been quite some time since I have posted. I have been around and working on home projects - just not sewing at all. Over the past few days I have taken little bits of time and cut some pieces for my mini basket and mini star blocks that I am making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and today I finally started sewing some baskets together. So far, I have made 13 purple basket blocks that will finish at 4".

I also took a picture of them with the pink blocks that I made for January - so cute! I have decided to go with the hst block on top of the basket and black base. I am not too sure yet what I will do with the baskets that I made as a test. At some point, I may remake them and replace the base with a black basket.

I plan to head back into my sewing room again to finish making the little star blocks that I have cut and ready for sewing.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh, so cute! The black bases really do make a nice focal point and tie it all together.

Deb A said...

Love the black bases! Your blocks are looking great. So glad you got a little sewing time in this month.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little purple baskets! The all look so lovely with the black bases.

Peg said...

Wow - I'm impressed with sewing all those little tiny pieces! Good for you! They'll make lovely quilts!