Friday, February 1, 2013

Dear Jane - Sweet Tater Pie (B-2)

This was such a simple block and it wasn't too hard to put together except for the mistakes I made! When I laid out the freezer paper patterns onto the fabric I didn't pay attention to the actual fabric placement in the block and I placed it incorrectly.  I really must make sure that I look at the picture of the finished block in the book as I am laying out the pieces. At least I was consistent and placed all the 'like' pieces together on the print fabric and solid fabric respectively. I also forgot to take pictures of my process for making this block. I guess I was just in a hurry to see how it would look...and I do like it!

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Very nicely done! Are you doing these by hand or by machine?

scraphappy said...

Oh, I like it! Sometimes I forget to look at the pictures too, it will just make the final quilt more original.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

It looks like the spitting image to me! Very nice.
Love sis

Julierose said...

May I ask: Where did you find that spiral bound "Dear Jane" pattern book? I would like to start a "Dear Jane"--(deary me, I AM crazee after all) because my skills need to be up graded--I need to do a lot of different blocks...Thanks--very pretty mirror image Julierose