Monday, January 7, 2013

Slow But Steady is the Goal

My plan for yesterday was to work on a Dear Jane block. I chose the fabric and laid out all of the pieces that I had drawn onto freezer paper. I traced them onto the fabric and I got as far as cutting out the pieces. There are a lot of little pieces in this block that need to be sewn together and unfortunately I just ran out of time. I will continue working on it and hopefully I will have it finished later in the week.

Last night, while watching tv, I did finish the applique on the midget block I showed last week. I just have to sew the squares together and then the block will be complete.

Some of these Dear Jane and midget blocks have many small pieces and are time consuming to make. I am sewing my Dear Jane blocks by hand and I am sewing my midget blocks using a combination of hand and machine sewing and I am enjoying the process immensely. It is not a race by any means but my ultimate goal is to have quilts made from these blocks and I have to work on them to have that happen. So, here is the plan...I really want to make at least one Dear Jane and one midget block each week. It would be wonderful if I can make that happen!

I am linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts. Pop on over and have a look around and see what has been stitched up over the past week.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

One block a week is a great goal. As long as you keep working you will get there eventually. Glad you are enjoying the handwork, I seem to always have the applique blocks done before the ones that need to be paper pieced. Still, as long as blocks keep getting made a quilt will come out some day,

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a great goal to enjoy this year. It looks like a jigsaw puzzle with all those tiny bits! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Deb said...

Good goals to have. My only one is really the midget each week. Lots of prep work but little bits here and there really do get it done. Someday we will have some beautiful quilts.