Sunday, January 6, 2013

Saturday Sewing - Sunday Puttering

Clay's Choice, Flock of Geese, Anvil
A couple days ago I had prepped 3 Engineer's Wife blocks and I stitched them together yesterday. It didn't take very long at all to finish them and I think they turned out pretty well. Even though it is a very time consuming process to prepare multiple blocks ahead of time, I have decided that is the best way for me to complete these blocks. So, over the next couple days I hope to have quite a few blocks prepped and ready to sew. I already started that process yesterday and have two more ready to go.

I also spent time working on Tranquility. I have been sewing the hourglass blocks into groups of 4 to make blocks that will finish at 8". I need a total of 120 blocks and I have sewn 67 together so far. With just over half done I still have a way to go.

Today, though, I will be working on a Dear Jane block. I think it is about time that I got back to working on those blocks. I also need to spend time working in the kitchen. I have plans to make 3 pans of lasagna that I will freeze and also some Sheppard's Pie that we will have for supper. In order to make the lasagna I have to get started on making my spaghetti sauce right away and as always....laundry awaits.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Make sure you have some slow stitching time!! SOunds like a very busy day!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Set a place for me at your dinner table with all that lovely cooking going on! Love Tranquility and I am looking forward to seeing her. Your little Engineer blocks are so adorable and really nice fabric colours! Love sis

Manuela said...

Wonderful Blocks.

Have a nice day, Manuela

Grit said...

Your Blocks are fantastic.
Liebe Grüße Grit