Saturday, January 19, 2013

RSC - Pink Stars

Six more stars
I am finding these little stars to be quite irresistible and I made six more pink ones to add to three I made last week. When I am cutting my scraps or making new blocks for other projects I must pay more attention so that I automatically cut the size of strips/pieces for these blocks. These blocks are so small (3" finished) that they will be a very long-term project. I need 1.5" strips, which is no problem because I already cut my scraps to that size, but now I also need 1" strips for these stars. I have not been saving anything that size, not even for my strings, so I will have to start making a point of doing that. Soscrappy is hosting her Scraphappy Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, click the link to see what other participants are making with their pink scraps. Why not join in if you have made anything with your pink scraps this week!

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Those tiny stars are irresistible. I've been saving 1 inch strip lately too and it is amazing how little gets thrown out anymore.

Sheila said...

What cute little stars! They are precious.

Grit said...

Wonderful little stars.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Edith said...

Pretty little pink stars Ellen.

Cheryl said...

They are adorable so very petite! Can't wait to see how you will use them! Love sis

Manuela said...

Beautiful the stars.
Greetings, Manuela

Deb said...

So smart to cut as you go. Love your star blocks.

Angie said...

I can see why you find these stars irresistible! The look great and will be amazing when all assembled together!

katie z. said...

Wow! Those are pretty tiny.

I have been saving 1" strips and frequently wondered if I was crazy, so I'm glad you'll be saving them too!

Quilter Kathy said...

So cute...this will be such a fun project to follow this year!

audrey said...

Your blocks are very sweet! Can't believe how small they are. Great work.:)

Cathy Tomm said...

Great star blocks. I have saved 1" but then really use them. I did use some on the pineapples or string blocks.

Elly D said...

Oh these are so very cute Ellen! I too have been throwing out anything less than 1.5inches.. hmmm maybe need to rethink that one, LOL..