Saturday, January 12, 2013

RSC - In the Pink

Last night I wanted to sew something but I just wasn't feeling inspired. So I sat in my sewing room for a little bit thinking about this and that and then I gave up. Today is a completely different story. As soon as I got in there I was feeling really inspired to make these.

oops
Aren't they cute - they will finish at 3". Wow - the one in the center is made from fabric that belonged in my sister-in-law's stash. Those fabrics look like they are from the '80s. These blocks won't be specifically for a rainbow quilt but they will be for a very scrappy one. They use such small pieces that they will be a great scrap buster. I have made 3 pink ones so far as a test and other than getting myself tangled up with the sewing gremlins a bit I think they will be fun to stitch together. I will need to make an awful lot of them to make a quilt but I am not in a hurry.

I also made 4 more pink 9 patch blocks to add to the 8 that I made last year. The 9 patch blocks will finish at 6" - what a difference in size compared with the stars. Hop on over to soscrappy's to link up with ScrapHappy Saturday and see what has been made with pink scraps this week.

Before you go, don't forget to check out my give-away. I am giving away two cute fat quarter bundles and I will draw the names of the winners on Monday.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Adorable little stars. They look giant compared to your nine patches. Looks like a nice way to enjoy the tiny bits of fabric in your stash.

Lynne said...

I love the nine patch blocks with the white centres!

Cathy said...

Oh, those little stars look a bit fiddly but turned out darned cute.

Sheila said...

I love your blocks. This rainbow scrap challenge is so much fun.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I love your stars :D

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

What tiny little pieces! very pretty.

Edith said...

Adorable tiny little stars, a bunch of pretty pink blocks happening there.

Quilter Kathy said...

My favorites....cute baby stars!

Connie said...

What cute little teeny tiny stars!!

Cathy Tomm said...

So tiny those stars are - Are you sick? ha ha. Wow they are cute. Love the nine patches.

Candace said...

Your tiny little stars are adorable and amazing and the nine patches sound like they are adding up. When I do a 6" block I think that I've done tiny, 3" is awesome and not an easy block either. I'd probably be doing a 4 patch if I got up the courage to try, lol.

Angie said...

Kudos to you for piecing those 3" stars - they look amazing!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

What cute blocks you have going. I too am making some 9-patches with white centers, I have 3 different quilts that I need them for, so I am making them 3 different sizes. It is amazing when you make little blocks and then lay them all out, that some blocks now look HUGE and others look tiny.