Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh So Cold!

Pinwheels and Sawtooth, Tic Tac Toe, Mystery Flower Garden
The weather is absolutely freezing today. The temp this morning is -23C (-9F) add the wind chill and that equals way too cold. I do not plan to go anywhere today except in my sewing room. On days like this I am very grateful for my nice warm and comfortable home.

I have not done a lot of sewing over the past two days but I do have another three Engineer's Wife blocks that I can share. This is the last set of three that I had precut and I really do like the look of the one on the far right. These blocks were released early in September so I do still have a way to go before I have them all done.

Yesterday, I had a medical appointment to go to (it's all good) and now that my back is much better I really did have to spend some time doing chores that had been neglected over the past couple weeks. I have cleared off the dining room table, also known as my big ironing and cutting surface, so now I can get to work on making a couple backings. I had hoped to have the backing already made for my current Seven Sisters quilt but I just couldn't manage to get it made when my back was giving me trouble. This is the perfect weather to be cuddled under a quilt while hand-quilting and I don't have one ready to work on.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like first up is to make that backing and prep your quilt for some hand quilting today to keep warm!
Your blocks are looking great -I love your blue and browns.