Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Midget Block #67 - Endless Chain


This looks like such a simple little block but don't let its sweet looks fool you. I got it worked out on my second try and I cheated too! I did foundation piece it but instead of adding the little triangle piece separately as an inset piece, I revised the foundation pattern to include the triangle by splitting it into two pieces.

That enabled me to sew the block together in 4 lovely squares. Thank goodness, because I had so much trouble with the first version that I kept questioning why I keep torturing myself!! I love this little beauty now.

7 comments:

Deb said...

I think I am going to attempt that one next. I keep putting it off - Did you just cut them out so they are squares? Thanks for the help.
Your block looks lovely, by the way.

Kelli said...

You are right .. that is a sweet block. Love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun...I love it too! Might be a good rainbow scrappy block?

scraphappy said...

Your version look great. I could really see an entire quilt of these in a bigie size.

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello!!!!
Grazie.....Ciao

Manuela said...

Beautiful block.

Greetings, Manuela.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This is a really is a pretty little block! Very nice! Love sis