Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Midget Block #64 - Shaded Trail

I chose to make this block in peachy pinks and green. The two pinks look very subtle against each other but even so, I do see definition between them. I tried to sew the whole thing by machine but I just couldn't manage to get the pieces to lay correctly. Maybe it is because the pieces are so small and well, I guess I am just not a very precise piecer.

I sewed the side pieces to the center square by machine and where the pieces met on an angle I just stitched them together by hand. I added the corner triangles by machine. All in all, I think this block turned out pretty well.

Happy New Year! I hope this year is a much better year than 2012. Wishing you all good health and happiness in 2013.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Oooh so cute! Love the colour of pink and green! Love sis

Deb said...

Very cute! I think I had issues with that one too. Yikes, I need to make a midget today and finish quilting that baby quilt. Guess I better go sneak away to the sewing room. Have a great 2013.

scraphappy said...

It did turn out well. That was a tricky block with so many tiny set in seams.

Peg said...

Wow, good for you! The shading of the peach tones is perfect! And kudos to doing set-in seams - I'd have looked for an easier way out!