Saturday, January 26, 2013

Last Saturday for Pink - RSC


Wow, I can't believe how quickly we have gone through January. Just a couple more days and February will be here and there will be a new colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I haven't finished using my pink scraps by a long shot but there will always be more opportunities to use them up.

Earlier in the week I had been playing around with making small basket blocks and I wasn't too happy with my first try. I thought it was the black base that was bothering me but now I think it is really the square on top. As you can see, the next blocks I made I used all one colour and I changed the square to an hst. I think they will do fine but I still want to see how they will look with the black base. They will finish at 4" and they are quite cute.

I was in Toronto all day yesterday and I had hoped to sew last night but the drive home took 2 hours because of the snow and traffic conditions. Thankfully my husband drove - it was a very stressful commute. By the time we got home I had such a headache and I was really feeling beat so, no sewing.

I still have a headache this morning and, oh, I do hope that it is not the beginning of something worse. There are so many cold and flu bugs flying around right now. I hope I didn't pick anything up!! I am going to spend a quiet morning puttering around in my sewing room making more basket blocks and maybe some more star blocks too.

I am linking up with soscrappy and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Click on the link to see what other participants made with their pink scraps.


9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your little pink baskets are as cute as ever! I think they will look lovely with the black baskets too! Love sis

Sheila said...

Such cute tiny baskets. So small. Wow!
Hope you get to feeling better.

Pattilou said...

I've been thinking I wanted to make some basket blocks and now you've given me the fever for sure. Great blocks.

audrey said...

Very cute baskets. I made that pattern for my plain jane quilt and I agree, the square at the top can look awkward. love your re-do.

Deb said...

Cute little baskets. Love your modification of the block - it makes it sing. Lots of liquids and hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

scraphappy said...

I do like the HST on the top, I thought they were much bigger, but they are super cute at just 4 inches. What a fun collection so far.

Edith said...

Ellen, I like the little blocks with the hst on the top, they are so delicate looking.

Cathy said...

I like the HST on top better. I've been wanting to make basket blocks or cake walk blocks like yours but not in 4" size!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great basket blocks.