Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jacob's Ladder Quilt

Jacob's Ladder flimsy
It has been quite a while since this quilt has seen the light of day and it is ready for it's turn at being finished. I took this quilt off the quilting frame last night. Wow...quilting it was a bit of an adventure but everything did settle down and I managed to finish quilting it. I had started working on it on Monday but I was having a problem with my bobbin and I had to have an engineering consult with my husband. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay his regular charge rate - I just could not have afforded it!


We decided that the bobbin case was out of round so I just needed to gently press out the problem area. I think the last time I quilted I must have dropped the bobbin case on the floor and it seems that is just about all it takes to get it out of round. Once I fixed the case I went back to finish quilting and I started to have another problem so rather than getting frustrated, I just decided to leave it. When I got back at it in the morning I discovered that I had inserted the bobbin in the case backwards. Where is my brain!!!! Once I got everything sorted out it really was smooth sailing and I continued to quilt off and on throughout the day in between other activities.

I have a few things that I need to take care of today. The weather has turned much milder and even though it is dull and dreary looking it is a perfect day to get out and about.


7 comments:

Manuela said...

The Quilt is wonderful.
The Quilting is perfect.

Greetings, Manuela

Grit said...

Hi Ellen, this is gorgeous quilt. I love the pattern and the fabrics and your quilting.
Greetings from Germany, Grit.

Frances said...

What a lovely quilt, well done from getting it from a flimsy to a quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Don't you love being married to an engineer. Mine helped me figure out how to get the battery case back in the rain gauge last night. I had put the cover on backwards when I replaced the batteries. Love your jacobs ladder. I made one in 2011 using floral prints and a green solid, it was so fun to piece.

Michelle said...

Love it Ellen......
My poor jacob will be 30 before he gets his quilt.....lol.
I think I have about 22 blocks made and heaps cut out.....I must finish it.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Jacob's Ladder is wonderful! All those blue fabrics are so fun! I cannot wait to see it in person.

Love sis

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! This has always been one of my favorite patterns. Great work.