Friday, January 4, 2013

It's Just Wrong!


My husband has a lot of nerve! Just before Christmas he gave me 3 pairs of jeans that he wanted hemmed and another pair that needed a repair to the pocket area - the pants were ripped right where the pocket was attached to the pants. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks that I can do a decent job of hemming pants or even mending them! I kept putting off doing this distasteful task but last night I finally had to buckle under and force myself to face the deed. I did repair the pants that needed to be mended and I hemmed one pair of the jeans. I think that is enough torture for now - I will hem the other 2 pairs of jeans later (much later if I have my way).

I did do some fun sewing yesterday too. I have started sewing the hourglass blocks into sets of 4 and, oh my, I just love it. I have decided the name for this quilt will be Tranquility - I think it is the perfect name for it.

I drove into Toronto this morning with my husband and while he was at work I visited with my Mom and sister Cheryl and her daughter Deanna. We all went grocery shopping together and then I took them out for lunch to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We had such a nice time together, I really do enjoy spending time with my family.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sewing pants!? Before you know it he will be asking you to iron shirts or replace buttons!

Cathy said...

I'm with you. I detest hemming and mending!

Quilter Kathy said...

I will do anything to avoid mending! LOL
He owes you big time!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Lunch was great! Thank you! Love Tranquility! She is another beauty in the making! Amanda will fall in love. I am with you on the mending - yuck! Love sis

Peg said...

Isn't it annoying the way those 'jobs' interfere with our fun!