Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear Jane - Starlight-Starbright (A-13)


This block was very simple for me to sew together particularly after sewing the last DJ block. This block had a lot fewer pieces - only 21. But still, it did take me a few hours of stitching time. I don't know if I am just slow at hand piecing or if it had something to do with the fact that I woke up very early and starting stitching it at 3:30 in the morning.

If you look at the picture of the pieces laid out to be sewn together you just might notice that I have at least one piece turned the wrong way. Of course, I didn't notice it until I had stitched two pieces together and it just didn't look right. Even with hand piecing there is a whole lotta stitch ripping goin' on!
Cute huh?

7 comments:

Deb said...

Very cute block! Are you doing this quilt all by hand?

Quilter Kathy said...

It's adorable Ellen! I love it...so sweet!

scraphappy said...

It is cute. Those set in pieces are so much easier by hand. Yours tuned out super cute.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very cute little block!

Frances said...

Another lovely little block. I am looking for a hand piecing project, and your Dear Jane journey has persuaded me that I might soon be starting my own.

Jeanne said...

Your block turned out great!

Elly D said...

Beautiful DJ block!