Sunday, December 2, 2012

So Close to Completion

I have been watching Bonnie Hunter's quilt cam on and off for the last week or so and since I had my green Seven Sisters quilt returned to me (I had left it at my sister Glenda's home) I have been hand sewing the binding to the front of the quilt. I am almost finished now and just may get it done tonight while I watch The Walking Dead. I love that show which really does surprise me because I don't normally like watching really gory stuff. Maybe over the next week I will get the binding sewn to the back of the quilt as well. It is so exciting for me to have it to this stage and I can't wait to start working on the next one.

As soon as quilt cam was over I scooped up Molly and gave her a bath - she does not like it one bit and always tries to hide from me when I run the water in the laundry tub. She is really funny - when I call her to come for her bath she crawls to me on her belly....poor thing! Peanut on the other hand has no problem with having a bath and that's a good thing because she is white and gets so dirty.

Another work week is upon us and I need to get as much done today as I can in preparation for the week ahead but it just seems that I never am prepared! I have done most of the laundry and I made some home made soup. Yesterday we held the memorial for my mother-in-law Adela (it was beautiful) and dear friends of the family were so thoughtful and prepared a ham for us. I won't have to cook much at all this week and I am pretty happy about that!

Hop on over to Kathy's Quilts to see other links for Slow Sunday Stitching!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I am so excited for you! This hand sewn quilt has taken quite a while and now it is almost completed! I must say it really is beautiful! Love sis

Deb said...

Hand stitching the binding down on both sides! You go girl! That is a gorgeous quilt and I'm sure your sister is going to love it. What a lucky lady.

Quilter Kathy said...

My daughter likes the Walking Dead show too...it's very popular I guess!
So great to hear that you are almost finished the green sisters quilt!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!