Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012 - Wrap Up


Let's just say that I was definitely not an over-achiever when it came to participating in the scrap challenge this year. However, that does not mean that I didn't enjoy participating when I could! I did work on making 9 patch blocks for a rainbow quilt and I still needed to make my purple blocks. I got them done this morning and I think it will be a cute quilt when it is all finished. The blocks will be grouped into sets of 4 with white strips surrounding them so that will help make it a bit larger and spread things out a bit.

Once I put all of the blocks up on the wall I saw that I really should have made another set of 4 of each colour. So, I will continue to make them through this year. I think the colours will look better in sets of three rather than just in pairs. Of course, the different colours will be spread out within the quilt top and not all grouped together.

As for the 2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge I am not certain what else I will be making yet. The first colour up for the year is pink....I like pink. Hop on over to soscrappy's and check out the info on the challenge.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Your rainbow blocks are so cute.
Nine patches make the sweetest quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's so fun to create quilts like this, that tell what they want at each stage of development. I think it's so neat that you have a spark of an idea but don't know what it will become!

scraphappy said...

What a fun collection of rainbow blocks. I really like your idea of grouping the colors together and sashing them out with white. It is going to be a great quilt when it is done. Thanks for joining in to the RSC this year. I am glad you have more scraps left for the new year!

Peg said...

So pretty - I love rainbows, and will be doing a kind of rainbow quilt this year, too, not quite so scrappy!

Kate said...

Wow, love your rainbow 9 patches. It's going to be gorgeous when you get it done. Looking forward to seeing your 2013 scrappy projects.

Deb said...

Those are looking great! Love the pop of white in the center. So fun that the quilt is telling you what it wants. Looking forward to watching this one grow.

Andee said...

Your blocks look great! I too am doing my same block this year because I need more blocks..but I also added a new block...we will see if I can manage it!

Elly D said...

Your rainbow squares are looking wonderful. I too need a few more blocks made for last year's challenge. I'm trying to decide what to do for this year but it may be something with smaller squares.

Happy New Year to you!