Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh...the Shame of it All!



Look at what my Mom is making we wear!!
Poor Peanut! She turned 6 mths on Nov 20 and I had intended on getting her spayed right way but then we had the sorrow of my MIL passing and I didn't have the opportunity to get Peanut taken care of. I have her spaying scheduled for this Monday but I think nature has a different plan! One of her siblings has already gone into heat and I think Peanut has just started as well. I am truly not very happy about that and I don't think Peanut is either because she does not like what I made for her!

Peanut is too embarrassed to show her face!
I whipped up this little number today - just in case my suspicions are correct and I am pretty certain they are.  I used some flannel and velcro and I also inserted a layer of quilting batting inside the liners. My friend's daughter is my dog's groomer and I have her scheduled to come tomorrow to groom Peanut before her surgery. I will have her confirm it and if Peanut is in heat the vet will not do the surgery and we will have to wait several weeks. I am really, truly hoping that we will not need Peanut's fancy pants and I think she is hoping that too!!
I also made two washable liners.
Not too fancy but it will do the job!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Poor Peanut! Thats hysterical! They do get embarrassed..at least shes stylin'.

Cheryl said...

Wow Ellen!

You are amazing! I think she looks so darn cute that all the other females will be jealous! Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a hoot! I'm sure she'll be all the rage at the dog park... be sure to keep away the boy dogs!