Sunday, December 30, 2012

New to Me Singer 301

Oh boy...my Singer 301 needs some TLC (not just oiling and greasing) and my husband just doesn't have the time or the inclination at the moment to look at it - insert sad, pouty face! But....seeing as I am a creative and resourceful quilter....I checked out Kijiji and I found a lovely 2-tone 301 for a very reasonable price. My husband and I zoomed to Toronto on Friday to check it out and I ended up purchasing it. It runs so smoothly and quietly compared to the one I had been using.

I have several sewing machines, but at this point, my favourite for piecing by far is the 301. It is a straight stitch machine and I have no problems with the tips of triangles being sucked down into the machine. Another beautiful thing about this machine is that it is a slant shank and that allows for a much better view of the stitching area.

I have been sewing my Little Houses on my 301 and I wanted to finish the last 11 before the year ended....and I wanted to continue sewing them on the 301 and now I can!

I am a very happy and lucky girl.

5 comments:

Peg said...

How nice to get the perfect machine - twice! Sew on!!!!

scraphappy said...

Buying a new machine sounds like a very creative solution to your problem. Glad you are stitching away again.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

She looks like a beaut!!! Happy stitching. Looking forward to seeing your cute little houses. Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on your new/old machine!

Deb said...

Congrats. Hope those houses come together good for you today.