Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Midget Block 63 - Setting Sun


I really like this block and it was fun to choose the colours and fabrics that I wanted to use. Somehow, I messed up the arrangement a bit and I got two yellows together. It is paper-pieced and I guess the reverse piecing tripped me up a bit with the order I wanted the colours to appear. It turned out a little more oval than round but it doesn't matter because I like it with all of its flaws! I did the center a little differently and just used one fabric instead of the 4 patch. 

I wanted to use my Roxanne's glue for the applique but I can't seem to find it. I would like to say that I have looked everywhere for it but if I did then I certainly would have found it. I must have put it in a really safe place. I think it would have been easier for me to manage the applique if I had used glue instead of pins.


4 comments:

Deb said...

I had fun making that one too! But.. mine turned out really big so I need to redo the applique part. Good luck finding the glue... maybe Santa can bring you a spare in your stocking for Christmas?

Peg said...

Well it looks perfectly round to me! For applique I use misty fuse, works every time!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your little midget block looks fabulous! Love Sis

scraphappy said...

Great little block. I think it looks just perfect. Love the way the flower is perfectly centered in the middle.