Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Midget Block 61 - Royal Star 4's

The colour is mainly burgundy even though it looks brown.

It is time to get back to working on my midget blocks! As I was going through the bin that holds my midget blocks I noticed one that I was pretty sure I had not blogged about. I checked through my blog postings and sure enough I could not find it. I made it way back in August and I can't remember too much about making it other than I received a reminder from this funny looking little block to make sure when foundation piecing to select a small stitch length and to spend the time to change the thread in the sewing machine from light to dark when the block calls for it. The stitches are noticeable but I will leave it as it is - I think once it is quilted, and over time and many washings, it will not be so noticeable. This block looks quite ugly in the photos but in real life  it is not so bad even though it does not live up to it's name - Royal Star 4's! Maybe, one day, 100 years from now someone will be admiring looking at my quilt and they will certainly be asking 'why oh why did she include that block?!!'.

5 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

Bella!!!!
ciao

laurajane said...

It's definately not ugly,I think it's a lovely little block.xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Definitely looks like a very difficult little block! I think it looks really nice and it says that we are human! Love sis

scraphappy said...

Not every block can be a standout. It is good to have lots of variety in a sampler after all. So happy you are back on the tiny Tuesaday parade!

Deb said...

Woo Hoo! A midget block. I think it came out really nice. Once they are all together the quilt will look stunning.