Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Log Cabin Quilting

Yippee!! I finished quilting this beautiful log cabin quilt the other day. I really love the way this quilt looks but sadly I won't be keeping it for myself. I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do. I need to make a log cabin quilt for myself and I have added it to my list but it will be a little while before I get mine.

I quilted it in a meander design and I couldn't be happier with how easy it was to quilt. I only had one or two thread breaks and they really were operator error. I have corrected what I was doing wrong and I think I have got all of the bugs out now. The change in thread has been just what I needed!

This quilt needs trimming, the threads buried and then the label and binding added and it will be ready to be given away. I will be very happy if I can get it done within the next week or so.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your quilt looks absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to see it in person. Lucky person! Love sis

Deb said...

So pretty! I love the red centers of your blocks. Great job on the finish. Have a great last day of work.