Monday, December 31, 2012

Little Houses - Final 11

I am thrilled that I achieved my goal of making 120 little houses throughout 2012 and I made them all on a Singer 301. I had originally intended on making 10 per month but that did not happen on a regular basis for many different reasons. You know that I can find an excuse for anything and everything - but I did eventually get them all finished. Now I just need to make the sashing and start sewing everything together. I have been thinking about using a solid red for the sashing and maybe adding cornerstones as well. I am not too sure so I will have to audition a few different options before I commit.

If you visit here you can see that many participants have not only pieced their houses (some made one house for every day of the year) but that they have also got their tops sewn together and some even have them already quilted!

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats!

scraphappy said...

120 houses is quite a nice little village. Great work.

Deb said...

I do love your houses. 120 in one year is great. A nice grouping of a little village. I can't wait to see how you decide to set them in a top. The red sounds perfect to tie it all together. So bright and cheerful.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Congratulations on your finish! They all look so wonderful and I am really looking forward to see them all put together! Love sis