Thursday, December 13, 2012

Little Houses Build-a-thon

House parts all ready for building!
I had previously cut out a lot of house pieces in preparation for making my little houses and on Tuesday I started sewing the parts together. I made house fronts, house sides, roofs and chimney/sky segments. I just kept going until I thought I had enough - I knew that I needed to make 46 more houses so I didn't think I would actually make too many.

Design Wall 1 - 35 houses from latest batch.



Both of my design walls are holding houses - 109 of them in total and I only need to make 11 more to complete my goal of 120 houses. That would give me a layout of 10 x 12 and I thought I would sash them with solid red strips.


Design Wall 2 - 74 house blocks
I have been thinking about the border and the possibility of adding some trees to my neighbourhood. My current idea is that I should make a few more houses than I originally planned and make some tree blocks as well and see if I like them as a border. I won't be ready to start working on the sashing until after the new year so I have plenty of time to decide on my border design. Who knows, I just might like it without the additional border!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Those houses are so cute! I think your red sashing idea is a great one. Trees on the outside so they have a forest surrounding sounds really neat. You are going to have fun next year putting these houses together.
Sounds like you are having fun in your sewing room again.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your houses are fantastic! I love all your little houses. All your ideas sound wonderful! Love sis

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful neighborhood. Having trees added in sounds like a wonderful idea. Such a lot of houses!

Quilter Kathy said...

Amazing Ellen! What a fun project!