Monday, December 31, 2012

Crumb Quilt = Done!


So much prettier in real life!
Yesterday was a busy day in my sewing room and one of the things I did was to make the binding and label for this crumb quilt. At first I was a little undecided about the colour to use because the red does not really go with the backing but I liked it so much for the front I decided to go ahead with it. By the time I got it ready and attached to the front it was already evening so I sat down on the couch, turned on the television and just sewed away. I finished at close to midnight last night and this morning I finished up the little details like sewing in the thread tails.

Donated backing fabric
This quilt finished at 53" x 68" and is quilted in a loopy-loop design with white thread. It is a donation quilt and I will be delivering it to the local Project Linus drop off location sometime over the next week or two. I love the way this quilt turned out and I think it will make a wonderful quilt for an older child. Who knew that such small scrap pieces all sewn together could make such a pretty quilt. Many quilters throw away pieces that are much bigger than some of the pieces that I included in these blocks! The backing fabric was given to me by the lady that I purchased my quilt frame from. When she learned that I make quilts for donation to Project Linus she asked me to take this fabric and to use it in donation quilts. I have some left that I will use in a future quilt.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts 'Slow Sunday Stitching'.

5 comments:

Peg said...

What a lovely quilt! Kudos putting all those little pieces together! Somebody will certainly enjoy that!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This quilt looks amazing! I love the red it so nice the way the colour pops. I can't wait to see it in person. Love sis

Deb said...

Congrats on the finish. It came out great. So nice of her to donate some fabric to a great cause. In clearing/organizing I think I need to put another crumb quilt on the list for those tiny pieces.... yours is a great inspiration.

scraphappy said...

What a great way to finish the year. The crumbs look like they belong together with the teal and that extra splash of red is just perfect. Congratulations on getting it done before the new year.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on a fabulous scrap finish! What a great quilt! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!