Monday, December 3, 2012

Change is on the Horizon

After lots of thought and deliberation I decided to resign from my job - whoohoo! I think they really need someone to work full time and I am not prepared to be that someone. I need to make some real changes and now that  I have a 'new attitude' I am more than ready.  Since returning to work I have shockingly gained almost 15 lbs and I don't like the way it is affecting my health.


I will have to make sure that I start a healthy exercise routine - I don't want to hurt myself on day one and then give up - that would not be a good thing.

More importantly, not working means that I will have more time for pleasurable activities like....quilting!! Going back to work drastically cut into the time I spent quilting and I have really missed it.

Thursday will be my last day at work and I am really looking forward to a new routine.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats Ellen. You have had a rough couple of months but I hope you will have a happy and healthy new year in 2013.
Walking is always a safe way to start exercising. I really need to start a routine too...

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Looking forward to spending more time together. I need the health thing too! I am so happy that you will be having more time to do the things that you really enjoy!
Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

Great news Ellen! Wish I could do the same!

Peg said...

Having just recently 'fully' retired, I can relate to how much you're looking forward to your life-style change. Good for you! You go girl!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Hi Ellen, I am on the retirement countdown myself. My grandchildren, studio and the rest of my life await me beyond this desk. Congratulations on your positive attitude and for makin' the move. Happy retirement.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I retired 4 years ago (and have been a quilting fool since then - ha!). I had a chance to go back last year for a limited 3-month assignment - that turned into an 11-month assignment. I was SO glad when that was over ... while the extra income was nice, I didn't have much time to quilt when working (even part time), and I hated that! ;-) I will never agree to go back -- I miss my quilting time too much!