Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Hourglass Blocks

Almost every night this week I have spent time in my sewing room working on these hourglass blocks. I am happy with my progress - I still have 2 more stacks that are partially complete and I just need to sew the 2 halves together and press them open. I have no idea how many blocks I have made nor how many more I need to have the quilt top finish at around 80"x 96". I will eventually have to take a tally but for now I am content to just sew them together. I am very certain that there will be many more made than I will need for this quilt and I am perfectly okay with that. I won't mind having enough extra to make a second quilt. Originally, my niece Amanda requested Bonnie Hunter's pattern 'My Blue Heaven' but when she saw the picture of the hourglass blocks hanging on my design wall in an earlier post she decided that she really liked them just as they were.

9 comments:

Josie said...

Fabulous colours Ellen. It's going to be one gorgeous quilt. Your neice is so lucky to have an auntie like you :o)

scraphappy said...

They are beautiful just they are. The colors are so pretty and the simple repetition sets them off perfectly.

Cathy Tomm said...

great blue quilt. I love all the blues you have used.

Judiquilts said...

Ellen, I love it!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

It looks magnificent! All those blues really shine! I am looking forward to seeing what a beauty this quilt is going to be.

Deb said...

Wonderful quilt. You have a very smart and lucky niece.

Manuela said...

The Quilt will be beautiful.

Greetings Manuela

Anonymous said...

I love it auntie Ellen! I cant wait to wrap it around myself!The colors look awesome, I will have to do you a painting ! : ) Amanda

Candace said...

They are beautiful. In this case, I'd say that two quilts are even better than one. Gorgeous blues.