Sunday, November 4, 2012

Molly's New Sweater

My crochet edging is a bit ripply!

Yarn change -it's not very noticeable.

Let's pretend that Molly is happy with her sweater!!
I spent the past couple days working on this sweater for my dog Molly. I didn't use a pattern other than comparing my work to a knitted sweater that I purchased for her last year. I think it turned out okay - I used up a partial roll of purple yarn and some novelty yarn that I had left over from making scarves for the nurses that looked after my husband when he was in the hospital several years ago. I didn't have quite enough of the purple yarn so I dug around and found some in my bedroom closet but it was a bit thinner. I just doubled it up and used two strands together. There is a slight colour variation and the texture is a bit different but since it is on the chest area it really isn't noticeable. The neckline is a bit big/baggy but maybe my next try will work out better. My sons have told me not to let Molly wear her new sweater.....I guess they think it is just too froo-froo and girly. I think she likes it and doesn't seem to mind what it looks like when I put it on her...especially now that it is cold out.

I really am a novice knitter and I basically have taught myself from books or magazines. Over the years, I have made a few simple scarves and also a couple sweaters for my sons when they were little. Those sweaters I made for my boys were really nothing to write home about but I did make them. I also have a sweater in progress for my son Adam that I started about six years ago and when I was looking for more purple yarn I pulled it out of the closet. I just might work on it some more and see if I can finish it well enough for it to be worn.

4 comments:

laurajane said...

She looks lovely in her new coat.xx

Grit said...

Oh so lovely.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Peg said...

Great job! I think you've moved well beyond novice, just figuring that out.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I think Molly looks very elegant in her new sweater!