Monday, November 26, 2012

Keeping Busy

Time just seems to be zooming by and winter has made an appearance here. On Saturday, we got our first 'real' snowfall. We have had days where snowflakes have fallen but there was thankfully no accumulation. I guess our fabulous Fall has finally come to an end - too bad!

I have made many, many hourglass blocks over the last week or so (and now have a total of 517 to be exact) and that is more than enough to make the quilt for my niece Amanda. The next step in the process is for me to start sewing them into groups of 4 but I have decided to take a wee break from them for now.

Over the past couple days I have had Little Houses on my mind (in more ways than one because I also want to downsize...but that is another totally different story...and I better not get started!). I had originally planned on making 10 per month for a year but that fell by the wayside a long time ago. I now have 73 made including this latest batch of 10 and I have cut out enough pieces for at least 20 more. I think that is the most time consuming part and my back will attest to that. I need to come up with a better set up for cutting that is more ergonomic.

6 comments:

Grit said...

Nice houses. And I see snow. I love it.
Liebe Grüße Grit

scraphappy said...

Ah the best laid plans. This is the perfect time of year to think about putting projects to rest. Glad you are making plans for your houses. They will be such a happy collection when you are done.

Deb said...

Love the snow picture! The houses are very cute and love the hour glass blocks.
I found the kitchen island is the right height for me to cut comfortably on.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love your little houses and I hope that I will make a little house quilt one day too! They are just too cute! Love sis

Michelle said...

Love the little houses too......
You have snow and we are sweltering.
The snow looks beautiful by the way.
And a change up in the sewing makes for a happy quilter.....or it gets boring after a while.

Anonymous said...

Ellen.... I do love your little houses but I am in love with the little squares for the blue quilt... It is going to be one beautiful quilt.... xo Glenda