Monday, November 5, 2012

Any Progress is Good Progress

Last night after supper I went into my sewing room and just sat down at my sewing machine. After sitting there for a bit I grabbed a notebook and started taking inventory of all of the projects I have started but have not completed. I can't believe how many I have been juggling - no wonder it felt like I had not been making any progress. Up until the past several months I would normally work on just a couple projects at a time and I would actually get them finished - that seems so long ago! I do have a couple long-term projects that I have been neglecting as well. The problem is that even though they are "long-term" projects I actually have to work on them or they will become never-ending projects.

Tonight I worked on getting all of the rows sewn together on my Stars & Nines quilt. I have decided to stick with the plain borders from my original design. I really like that this quilt top has a masculine look to it and I think the plain borders will reinforce that. At this point, I don't have any real plans for the weekend so I hope to get lots of sewing time in. I plan on making and adding the borders to this quilt top and to prep some Dear Jane and Midget blocks as well. Any sewing time that I have available this week will be used to sew more hourglass blocks together for my niece Amanda's quilt. Hopefully, I will make some really good progress on her quilt. The blocks that I have already made just look so pretty and I am quite anxious to see how they will look when they are all sewn together.

4 comments:

Grit said...

Das ist ein wunderschöner Quilt.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Manuela said...

It is a wonderful top.
Bautiful colours.

Best wishes Manuela

Deb said...

That came out awesome Ellen! I'm sure he is going to love it. I know how you feel with too many projects in process. I am trying to take one and finish it up for the next couple of months.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I think your Stars & Nines is absolutely gorgeous! I love the the little red string blocks. I really like the blue borders too! Love sis