Monday, October 1, 2012

Stars & Nines on My Mind

The upper corner is all sewn together.
The other day Kathy from Kathy's Quilts wrote a post for Slow Sunday Stitching and she talked about 'filling up your well'. I think that post really does express how I have been feeling because September was a difficult month around here and I really was feeling quite drained.

Over the past few days I have been doing my best to 'fill 'er up'. I have been sewing every day and look at the progress I have made on this quilt top. I am very happy with the way it looks so far but now that the top is almost all together I am rethinking my border plan. Thoughts are rolling around in my head that maybe it is too plain or maybe it would look better with some sort of pieced design.

I will wait until the top has been completed before I make my final decision but if I can come up with another border treatment that I like better who knows what will happen.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love, love, love this quilt! sis

scraphappy said...

It is looking great. Glad that some sewing time has helped you recharge. I am sure the border will let you know soon how it wants to look.

laurajane said...

It's looking gorgeous ,can't wait to see the finish.
Laura xx

Deb said...

Love how this one is coming out. I agree with Angela... it will tell you what it wants for borders, although I do like your drawing. Glad some sewing time has recharged you. I hope October is a much better month for you.

Anonymous said...

.. this one is beautiful also Ellen!!... with it's red and blue contrast, and the pattern looks complicated to me.... looking at all the beautiful quilts you have done Ellen, I get the urge to try to start and finish one, but I don't feel the patience for it.... I think it is a passion that you have to have a feel for .... You definitely have it.......xo Glenda

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy to hear it Ellen. Sometimes we run too close to the empty line and just NEED our quilting time. This quilt is coming along wonderfully!