Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hourglass Blocks

Last night I had hoped to join Bonnie Hunter and her quilt cam but I ended up going to bed at 9 pm. I get up early in the morning and I wasn't sure if she would be 'on the air' last night. I should not have gone to bed because I didn't fall asleep until after 11 pm and when I got up this morning I saw that I had missed the fun.

Oh well, not to worry, I did sew earlier in the evening and I have increased the number of hourglass blocks from these few to all of these.


I plan on sewing again tonight and I will work on sewing more qsts into pairs. I think by the time I am done with them I will have sewn more than I need. I don't mind if I have a few too many because it will allow me to leave out the ones that just don't seem to fit in. Although, these all look pretty good to me! I love the colours and the fabrics that my niece, Amanda and her mom Glenda, have chosen for her quilt. They look like they have a wonderful sparkle to them.

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

Blue is such a soothing color. Your blocks are looking great. Sorry you missed out on Quiltcam time. I'm sure it will happen again though.

Deb said...

Love your blue hourglass blocks! They sure do sparkle.

Anonymous said...

... it is beautiful Ellen, it does sparkle, and is very striking... love it ... xo Glenda

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love your hourglass blocks...they just shine. What are you going to do with them? I was at the Beaver Island Quilt Retreat last week and Gwen Marston . There is a picture of a quilt top she made with hourglass blocks on my blog.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your little hourglass blocks look beautiful! The fabrics are just gorgeous! Love sis

Peg said...

Those blues really do sparkle - that's going to be a fabulous quilt!

Grit said...

This looks so beautiful . And I love the color.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Anonymous said...

I love it Auntie Ellen! its beautiful! xo Amanda

Candace said...

They look so pretty and blue is such a calm color, something that we can all use in this busy world.