Sunday, September 9, 2012

Getting Back to Normal??

The picture is the same but now all of the blocks are finished.
Lot's have 'things' have been happening for the last 2 weeks but not too much going on in my sewing room. I did get all of the blocks finished for the RWB blue quilt that I had been working on and I just need to cut the rest of the border triangles and then sew everything together. I think it will be a great looking quilt once I get it all done.

I have also started another quilt that will be for my niece Amanda -I started piecing it as a leader/ender project when I was making the RWB blocks. As you can see, I have the triangles for the hourglass blocks out and I am putting light/dark together so that I can just grab and sew. My sister Cheryl cut all of the pieces for this quilt for me using her Studio Go and I am very glad because now that I have gone back to work I just don't have as much time to sew. It is a design that I have already made as a wedding gift for the daughter of one of my husband's cousins. It is a Bonnie Hunter design and is called My Blue Heaven. I called mine 'Heaven's Above...It Must Be Love' and I was thrilled with the way it turned out. When my niece saw the photos she decided it was the design for her and off she went shopping to pick out the fabrics that she would like in her quilt. Her Mom, Glenda, also purchased a huge variety of fabrics as well. I hope it turns out the way my niece has envisioned it!

On another note, my husband has been sick for the past two weeks and has spent the last week in the hospital. He is now on the road to recovery and will probably spend another 5 days or so in hospital. I am so grateful for everything that the doctors and nurses have done to help him.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness Ellen...what a scare for your DH and so much stress for you. I hope he improves dramatically now that the source has been discovered and fixed. Take good care of yourself. Family health scares, too much work and not enough sewing is not good for us quilters!

Cathy said...

Oh Ellen, what a terrible time for you both. I am so glad that they finally managed to find out what it was. So often that is the hardest part.

Deb said...

Oh no! I was just thinking I had not heard from you in a while and wanted to check in and saw your post. Sending prayers and wishing a speedy recover to your hubby. Hugs Ellen. I hope you have a better week this week.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the RWB! I am looking forward to seeing it finished as I know it is going to be fabulous! God Bless you and John!