Friday, September 14, 2012

A Little Bit of Sewing

Boy...have I ever missed spending time in my sewing room. It felt so good to sew for a little while last night. I  sewed the stack of qsts together that I had paired up the other day and when I finished those I paired up another stack ready for sewing. I am not matching them together other than trying to get a dark and lighter triangle together. Bonnie Hunter's pattern requires 174 hourglass blocks but I will be making the quilt a little longer so I will need a few more than the pattern calls for.

I don't work today - hurray! - but I really do need to tidy up my house. I have neglected most of my chores since my husband got sick. Before I go to the hospital today I will try to just mow through the worst of it and maybe, I just might get those paired up qsts sewn together too!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Sometimes there are things much more important that housework. And finding some soothing, reviving and refreshing "you" time is one of them

Deb said...

I agree with Cathy. I try to pick one thing - get it done and then sew for a bit. Go do another thing......then sew. Works for me and I tend to get the clean up done faster so I can sew!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a relief to do some sewing, eh? Hope hubby is improving every day.