Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tiny Tuesday

Look how misaligned everything is!
I started working on this block last week and I just didn't get it finished. It wasn't for a lack of trying that is for sure. I have had so much trouble with this $$#@#$$$ block. I have taken the pieces apart a couple times and sewn them back together and I still cannot make it fit like it should. I did try to add on the background squares and triangles a couple times both by machine and by hand and I just cannot do it!

Even adding the triangles was near impossible!
I am pretty sure I am having so much trouble because this Midget Block (#62) is called Liberty Star and I am not making it in the traditional colours of red/white/blue so it is staging a rebellion! I do like the fabrics I have chosen and I will use them for the next version as well.


I will remake it sometime this week but I will just hand-piece the whole thing and forget about the paper-piecing portion completely.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Hehehe! I like your reasoning for why it is not working for you. I hope I don't have the same issue because I'm pretty sure mine will not be rwb either! Good luck on the next try.

scraphappy said...

That one gave me fits as well. I have trouble every time combining paper piecing and inset seams. I did get mine together, I just didn't enjoy it. The colors are lovely though, it will be beautiful it you can make it go together.

Kelli said...

Love the fabric you chose for it.. hope you have better luck when you redo it. It looks like a difficult little block! xo

Jan-Maree said...

I do admire your persistence! Good luck!