Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's Saturday!


This past week I have been feeling a bit under-the-weather but thankfully, I think I have turned the corner. That being said, I have had very little energy all week and I have not accomplished much other than going to work and doing the minimum that needed to be done around the house and garden. I don't normally work on Fridays so yesterday, instead of getting caught up on the list of things that needed to be done, I took most of the day to myself and spent some much needed quality time in my sewing room puttering around.  I now have some Midget Blocks and Dear Jane blocks prepped and ready to be put together. I am taking a page from Angela's book (click on the link to see all of the blocks she has made) and getting my little duckies in a row so that hopefully, I won't fall behind on my goal of making and posting one each of these little blocks per week. Even though the blocks are very small  they do require quite of bit of time to make - particularly the ones that are hand-pieced. I will be going to Toronto today to visit with my sister Cheryl, my Mom and sister Christine, and while I am there I hope to hand-piece a Dear Jane block while we are hanging around chatting.

I love this month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and have made my 9 patch blocks for my Rainbow Quilt. Why not make something using your aqua scraps and then head on over to soscrappy's blog to link up!

11 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love those blocks. Your quilt is going to be great with all of the colorful blocks. Hope you have a nice weekend stitching.

vtquilter said...

Great blocks. Prep is the key, hope you have a great weekend stitching and chatting with family.

Cyn ;-) said...

Pretty blocks. Love how you sorted the values of the blues. Nice.

make.share.give said...

Love your aqua blocks!

Char said...

Great blocks, I love this color too!

blauraute said...

Your aqua blocks are so beautiful. I've take a walk on your wonderful blog and I've seen so many gorgeous things you've made. You're so busy!!! Everything is great.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

scraphappy said...

Getting blocks prepped helps so much with these little guys. Just one a week really does add up over time. LOVE the nine patches.

Edith said...

Your nine patches are lovely, I hope you have a nice time visiting family in Toronto. (I have a sister Cheryl in Toronto as well).

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little nine patches. Good idea to pre plan and pack some little blocks to work on while your away. Have fun on your little holiday.

Quilter Kathy said...

One of the things I love about the scrappy challenge is that you can finish up a couple of blocks even when you're really busy or not feeling well, and end up with some great quilts at the end of the year. Great 9 patches!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the aqua. I recognize some of those fabrics from other quilts! Love sis