Friday, August 10, 2012

Found a Peanut!

I have been a little preoccupied the past couple days because of this!

She is sweet and cuddly and very feisty and saucy! I think she is going to be a bit of a challenge to train, but I know that she is a smart little girl and hopefully she will be obedient. She was a little nervous of Molly at first but now she is running up to her and taking toys right out of her mouth. Molly wants to know what happened - she's been such a good little girl and now we have forced this little Peanut on her. Molly is still trying to figure things out!

Peanut is 11 wks old and is mostly poodle - her dad was a white purebred 4 lb poodle and her mom is a 9 lb black 'mostly poodle' with a bit of schnauzer and I think shih tzu. My sister Christine owned Nino, the father, but sadly he has died, and my sister Glenda owns Pepper - the mother. They had 5 puppies and all the puppies have stayed within the family. Molly is my 16 lb mini schnauzer and she is just over 1-1/2 yrs old - still a puppy herself. She is way bigger than 3 lb Peanut and doesn't know her own strength. They do seem to be getting along, mostly okay, but I wouldn't dare leave them in a room alone together - just in case.

I can't believe it but Peanut has not had one accident on the floor yet...and she has been here a couple days. We do go outside quite often and, of course, it has been raining fairly steadily for the past 2 days - just figures. Peanut even went to the patio door herself at one point and when I took her out she did her business. I like to think that she was telling me she needed to go. Can it be as easy as that? It certainly wasn't when I was training Molly.


I am hoping that Molly and Peanut will become good friends. I have been feeling really bad lately about the amount of hours I have been working which is way more than I thought I would be. Molly does need some company while I am at work - I know that she really does miss me.


I don't work today, so I am hoping to get into my sewing room to work on some projects today and tonight. I have plenty to choose from but I am sort of itching to start a new one! I hope I can control myself but the urge can be very difficult to overcome.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Way too cute! Sounds like she is a good girl too with no accidents.

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable puppies to keep you company! Hope you don't have a bad case of 'startitis' coming on!!

Kelli said...

Starting new things is soo much fun! Hard to resist for me too. Peanut is adorable, and so is Molly. :) I think some dogs just catch on sooner than others for the house-training, so fingers crossed that Peanut is one of those dogs. :) Sounds like she's well on her way. Have a great weekend!
xo

Cath said...

ADORABLE! I could just eat that "peanut" right up. I am sure they will become the best of pals.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cathy Tomm said...

Sounds like peanut has you well trained to house breaking, ha ha. Have fun with the puppies.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little Peanut & Molly! I think they will just love each other and become good friends! Love sis

Jan-Maree said...

They are both too cute! give them both a scratch and a pat from me!