Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dear Jane - Pebble's Protest (A-11)


This is such a cute little block. I started working on it last week but didn't get it finished until yesterday. I worked on it while I was watching the Olympics. Like many others, I have found the Olympics a perfect reason to spend some time in front of the television with a bit of hand-work. If only I had a bit of  hand-work in my hand for all of the time that I spent watching the Olympics! The fabric I used is soft green and I think it has a very nice pattern. I took the picture last night so the colour may be off a bit. It is amazing to me how many little pieces are in these 4.5" blocks - 37 in this one! Only two more blocks and I will have finished the first row. I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You are doing a great job on these teeny blocks! And you will always remember when you see this block that you stitched it during the 2012 olympics. Thanks for linking up!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! It turned out great. It is amazing how many tiny little bits of fabric will fit into such a small block, and how long it can take to get them all together. Looking forward to the big row #1 reveal.

Kate said...

Very pretty!

audrey said...

Such a small block. Great job sticking with it!