I shouldn't really complain because it has been so dry but my back yard is turning into a bog and that does not help when I am training a little fluffy, white puppy! I need to get out there and pick more beans but it is just too wet in the garden. I didn't do any garden work so that means I got to have some play time - I think I will be forgiven that I didn't do any chores around the house yet. There are a few things that I will have to take care of today but I am in no rush.
Rainbow Scrap Challenge but that is just about all that I have done with my scraps from my 2.5" bin. That leaves me with 8 blocks from the aqua/teal family - this batch is a bit lighter than the ones I made last week.
I made 4 blocks but I don't know how much it looks like the mock-up from EQ7. I think once I make a few more blocks I will have a better idea of how it will look. As I have said before, I really cannot envision how something will look until I actually make it. I had been going back and forth about using a solid red for all of the red patches except the crumb blocks, so that is still an option. The 9-patches do look dark in the photos but maybe that will work out okay in the end. I think this quilt will be going to one of my nephews so it probably would be better to be on the darker side. I don't know, maybe it is the dark blue that is putting me off because it does not tie in with anything until the border is added. I think another thing that I am having trouble with is that these 3.5" block components are big relative to the pieces that I normally use and they look...well...big to me.
If I had stayed with my original plan I was only going to need 30 crumb blocks but now I need 80 and I have not made nearly enough yet. I will pick away at them over the next little while whenever I have the urge to make a big mess!