Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday Stitching - Dishcloth

I wanted to do some handwork of some sort on Sunday so that I could link-up at Kathy's Quilts for Hand Work Sunday and I really needed some new dishcloths - sounds like a win-win situation for me. The state of my dishcloths is quite sad and I need to replace many of them but I didn't pick up the needles until fairly late in the evening and I only got one done. Well, at least it is a start - I think if I leave the yarn and needles on the coffee table in the family room I will get more done over the next few evenings. By the time I got this dishcloth finished it was too late to post so here I am now posting just before I run out the door for work. Have a great day everyone - looks like another hot and muggy one!

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hey Ellen...that looks like fun! And who couldn't use a new dishcloth?!? Does it need to be a special yarn?

scraphappy said...

It is nice to have a little inspiration each week to take time for handwork.

Jeanne said...

That turned out very pretty. Love the variegated yarn. It's another hot one here, too.

vtquilter said...

I was thinking just the other day I needed to pull out the knitting needles and make some more dish cloths! Love your blue variegated yarn.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your cloths look great! The blue is very pretty! I think your dishes will just love them!

PS hope you enjoy your Bernina!

Love sis

Candace said...

It's lovely. I have the same question as Kathy, what kind of yarn is it, is it a special yarn?