Friday, July 27, 2012

Little Houses

I started this batch of little houses last week and I finished them up today. I now have 22 houses to add to the ones already made. My goal was to make 10 houses each month and even though I am working on them sporadically instead of monthly I am almost on track to the number I hoped I would have completed by the end of July. I now have 64 made and I think that is fantastic. I am still sewing them with my vintage Singer 301 but I did do a little bit of the sewing from this batch on the Bernina 910 that I just purchased. I couldn't help myself! I didn't work today, so I spent a relaxing day in my sewing room - no power sewing for me - I just had a wonderful, slow day enjoying my sewing time to the fullest.

I have a quilt planned for my nephew Norman that I designed and the fabric is already cut and ready for me to sew but I am rethinking what I want to give him. I spent some time today working on a quilt design using EQ7 but I have to think on it a bit - even though I have his quilt already cut I know I can use those pieces in other quilts if I need to.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

What lovely little houses. So glad you enjoyed your day off with some quality sewing time.

Cathy said...

Those are such happy little houses. Looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

vtquilter said...

I love your scrappy houses! Good for you for getting back on track and having a nice relaxing day of sewing.

laurajane said...

I love the little houses,I plan to do something like that myself,one day..
X

Jan-Maree said...

What a good use of a day off - love the houses!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful quilty neighbourhood...I'd like to live there!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love your little houses!