Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Do It!

Molly gave the quilt top her seal of approval - she farted on it!  Whaaat!!!
Oh my gosh, I am getting so much done...in my quilting room that is. If you saw my house you would think I was a lazy sloth!! When looking at the pictures, please do not pay any attention to the dirt that may or may not be on the floor. It could just be your imagination!

 The log cabin quilt top is all done and I couldn't be happier with it. I decided that it didn't need the extra row of blocks and I kind of like it with just the narrow red border to contain it all and to draw the eye to the red center blocks - they are the heart of the home. I already have the binding strips cut and ready and I just need to decide on what to use for the backing.

The next project that I have pulled out of it's bin is this one. I think I am in love with crumb blocks - they make such a pretty, colourful quilt. I wasn't too sure which colour to use for sashing until a reader suggested turquoise and I think she hit it spot on! Today, I put the blocks up on the design wall, ironed the fabric that I want to use as the sashing and started cutting and sewing. I have the sashing attached to one side of the blocks and I hope to make more progress later today.

For now though, I really do have to make some progress with some other bits and pieces that make up our daily lives. Laundry is underway and I really do need to tidy the kitchen and get at making some bread and muffins, and I have been craving magic cookie bars so they just might get made as well. The floors need to be vacuumed and washed and, well, I just don't know how it will all get done. Luckily, today is a holiday and I am going to enjoy it to the fullest. I think the house can wait until tomorrow - I just hope no one drops in for a visit.

2 comments:

soscrappy said...

Woohoo for being on a roll! Great log cabin, the red u perfect. The best part of crumbs is that whatever color you put between them, it looks like they were meant to be together. The real looks great. Just like you planned the blocks to go with it.

Jan-Maree said...

LOVE LOVE Love the log cabin quilt - farting dog aside! Crumb quilt looks great and I think the aqua is perfect but THOSE cookie bars sound way too deadly for me! Enjoy!