Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Did It!

I finished the sashing on my Project Linus quilt earlier this evening and it turned out okay. But, the other day while I was sewing it all together I just kept seeing that there was lots of red in the blocks. (Please ignore the corner where the sun was shining through my closed blinds - man it was so hot, hot, hot today.)

I wondered what it would look like with a little narrow border in red and then another blue border. I am glad I added it because I think it turned out quite well. It does make it look a little more special. This quilt is not childish at all and will be big enough for an older child or a young teen. I just need to decide on the backing and binding and it will be ready for quilting.

The company I work for is going on summer shutdown next week so I will have the whole week off. I hope to spend a lot of time in my sewing room getting some tops quilted and also working on some other projects. The garden will have to get some of my time too because it has been way too hot to work in it the past few days and I see that the weeds are threatening to take over in some of the beds. I am looking forward to the time off - it's hard to believe that I have been working for 3 months now.

6 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great top. I love the little red boarder you did.

soscrappy said...

The red border is very nice. The consistent background color makes the crumbs look great together. Congratulations on getting so much done.

laurajane said...

Lovely Quilt,who did a really great job.
Laura xxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really such a pretty quilt with its stained glass windows! Like the blue and i really like that you added a little red border. Very nice. Love sis

Jan-Maree said...

It looks great and i love that bit of red!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great quilt...love the red accent!