Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blue String Scrap Happy Saturday


We have come to another Scrap Happy Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge -where does the time go? I did manage to make 7 blue string blocks today to add to the others I had made previously. These blue strings, and I think the green ones as well, will be going into a quilt for my nephew Mark. I am not sure what the design is going to be yet so I will just keep making blue and green string blocks until I have made a decision. I am not in a big hurry to make the quilt although I am pretty sure Mark would like to have it sooner rather than later! I have lots of ideas going through my head but I haven't taken the time to actually write anything down or solidify any of my ideas.



My son needed a drive to work today, so I went to my room to change into something presentable and when I looked at the clothes I had left on the chair in my bedroom yesterday I had to take a second look. I immediately got my camera and took a couple pictures. It looked like a face had appeared on the t-shirt that I had worn yesterday. I am glad it was a smiling face! When I took it off I left it inside out on the back of the chair. Do you see the face...kinda freaky don't you think? I thought I would show a picture of the shirt right side out so you could see that it was not the pattern showing through. Hop on over to soscrappy's blog to see some great projects that were worked on this week.

7 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Loving those blue blocks!

Quilter Kathy said...

Even your shirt is smiling about your wonderful string blocks!

scraphappy said...

The blue and green blocks look so happy together. Good progress.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I see it too! I love the way your string blocks are coming together!
Love sis

Cathy Tomm said...

Good looking string blocks. If the quilt is going to be two colours why not do some blocks that are half blue and half green. Just a thought.

LuAnn said...

Hi Ellen Your string blocks just sparkle.

Edith said...

These blue and green string blocks look great together.