Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another Sewing Day

This morning I got straight to work on my Earthtones blocks. When I left off yesterday, I had completed all of the tiny 4 patches and had them pressed and ready for some more sewing today. I have now sewn them into 16 patches (they measure only 4.5")  and they are ready to be sewn together with the 4.5"  4 patches that I had made previously. I hope to spend a good part of tomorrow in my sewing room and sewing the last 42 blocks together is my first priority. Who knows, if all goes well, I may even get a start on sewing the top together.

Once I got that last step done I took a little break and worked on my blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I plan on making a rainbow quilt with the blocks that I make each month. Last month, I neglected to make my purple blocks but I will be making them soon. In preparation, I did pull out all of the 2.5 purple squares that I have in my bin and it shouldn't take too long to make the blocks. Why not hop on over to SoScrappy's blog and check out what everyone else was working on for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the Earthtone patches and those little blue patches are going to look wonderful. I love all those little blue blocks. Love sis

Jeanne said...

I love these blocks. Hope you have a good sewing day tomorrow.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks both the earth tones and your blue blocks. I might have to sew some little 16 patches with some of my scraps. Love the idea.

scraphappy said...

What a great streak of productivity you are having. Those 16 patch blocks are just adorable! Glad you got some blue blocks put together as well.

Edith said...

Your earthtones are sweet and just love your blue blocks.

vtquilter said...

Great progress on your earth tone quilt! You seem to have got your quilting bug back! The blue blocks are really pretty.