Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Wonder of an Attitude Adjustment

Hanging sideways on the clothes line.
Wow - I cannot believe how much progress I have made on this quilt and all it really took was just a simple attitude adjustment. It also helped that I did not sleep until 5:30 this morning. I originally had gone to bed quite late and I laid in bed for about 30 mins and realized my attempt at sleep was futile. So, I got up and went back into my sewing room. When I finally did get into bed this morning I fell asleep very quickly but I was awake before 8:30 am. I just laid around in bed until about 9:15 and then I got up and had my tea and then scooted back into my sewing room. I don't plan on doing any chores today although I will make supper for everyone.

Now that I have the top all sewn together I think I may need to add another row of blocks along the bottom. I have a thing about liking my quilts to be rectangular and even though the layout for this quilt is 9 x 10 (72" x 80")  it looks a little too square for me. I'll have to think on it for a little bit - I would only have to make 8 more blocks because I found my lost block. I am going to lie down now for a little rest and hopefully I will drift off into a nice nap.

8 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

WOW!
E' bellissima!
Ciao

vtquilter said...

Beautiful job. Hope the nap helps you to make the decision. Nice of you to still make dinner for the gang!

Linda said...

Look at you go! Your quilt is amazing. Guess you just needed a little push. I can relate...it is very overwhelming with all the unfinished projects.

scraphappy said...

Great work! Love how it came out -- I am with you on rectangular quilts. The square ones just seem off to me. Hope you catch back up on your sleep.

Jeanne said...

I knew you could do it! Fabulous quilt. Love the colors.

Cathy Tomm said...

I am glad your pep talked has worked and your are getting more sewing done again. Your quilt is looking very good. I love log cabins.

Jan-Maree said...

Sometimes all you need is a little pep talk - and the results are wonderful! Hope the nap worked!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I guess i was wrong about this one. I really love the colours together. Great job! Love sis