Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple!!

I happen to be a person that loves the colour purple and I am very happy that it was chosen for this month's colour. I have this bin of leftover 2.5" hsts that have been sitting in my sewing room for so long. They originally were leftovers from a quilt that I made for my niece Eva-Anne. I made a gorgeous quilt for her prior to blogging and I have to find some pictures so that I can write a blog post about it. I love the way her quilt turned out and so does she. Last year, I used some of these hsts to make a baby quilt for my great-niece Lily and I blogged about the finished quilt here.

I emptied out the bin onto my ironing table and this is what is available for me to work with. The main colours are purple, turquoise and neutrals. I am pretty sure I will be able to come up with some design to use up the rest of these hsts and I can add other fabrics if I need to as well. There aren't any new babies in my family so this will probably become another donation quilt for Project Linus.


Hop on over to soscrappy's blog and check out what everyone else is doing with their purple scraps.

10 comments:

vtquilter said...

Love your purple hst's and so neat that you are using things you already have just waiting around for you. Lots of options with HST's for blocks. Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you create with them.

Sheila said...

Very nice collection of purple fabrics :D

make.share.give said...

Very pretty! Purple is a favorite of mine, too.

soscrappy said...

Ahh, the possibilities. So glad you have found a reason to use these extras for something beautiful.

Jan-Maree said...

Yum! Love Purple too!

Peg said...

Lovely color - I like the way it's blending together!

Josie said...

Great scraps. Love the original quilt they were left over from... it's a beauty. Can't wait to see what you make.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great to see your left over triangles. I had some but not that many. I will wait to see what you make with them all. It is a big job getting them ironed and ready to use again ha.

Quilter Kathy said...

How great to start a quilt with all those premade blocks!

Connie said...

Love all the purple HSTs!! You know I don't have much purple but I sure like it!