Thursday, June 28, 2012

Puttering Around

Partially weeded before breaking for supper.
I seem to be filling my days with many things but I don't have too much to blog about. It was a little cooler yesterday so after work I slipped out into the garden to do some weeding. There are some beds that I have been weeding on a regular basis and a couple others that I had left hoping that someone else would weed them. Well, the time had come to tackle at least one of the beds that seemed to be just a mass of weeds.

Just one small area in the back upper left needs to be weeded!
I worked on it for an hour or so and then came into the house for a little break. I should have taken a picture of the bed before starting - it was so full of weeds that you couldn't see any dirt.

After supper, I went back out and I got it almost all cleared out. There is just one small section in the back on the other side of the pole beans that needs to be tackled. I had hoped to work on the garden some more today, but I only slept a few hours last night and I worked almost 7 hours today so it will just have to wait - I am just too tuckered!
My first of many zucchini!
Look close - my first tomatoes - baby cherries.




I'm back to using a hoop.

Last evening, after getting cleaned up from the garden I thought I would work on some hand quilting. I have not made any progress on this quilt since March - just before I started back to work. I don't have very much more to do to finish it up. Maybe I need to just focus on this quilt - I do so enjoy hand quilting. I plan on working on it again for a while tonight - I'll have to see what movies are on tv.

3 comments:

vtquilter said...

Love the pics of the garden. Zucchini - I had one little one starting and then a fungus got in and took the whole plant. I'll start again with seed today - thank goodness for the long growing season down here. Love the quilt progress.

Jan-Maree said...

That garden will give you a lot of pleasure once you get it all done- just keep your eyes on the prize - same with your quilt I guess!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your garden is looking great...way ahead of mine! My tomato plants are still quite small.
So nice to see you are hand quilting the sisters again!
Maybe you will make a hand quilting post for my Sunday linky party?!?!