Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Purple Pinwheel Baby Quilt

Over the past few days, whenever I have had some time, I have been heading into my sewing room to work on this little quilt. I have all of the pinwheels sewn together and the center portion is 20" x 23". I have most of the border components sewn together but trying to think about how to fit it all together hurts my brain! I haven't quite decided what I will do with the corners but I guess it will just figure itself out once I start putting the pieced border on. I still need to add the inner border and the size will depend on how big the pieced border finishes up, and honestly, I am just too tired to think about it. I don't work on Friday so I think I will figure it all out then and finish putting it all together. I can't wait to see it all finished because I am really liking what I am seeing so far!

I got some news today that my nephew and his partner are expecting their third child and I am tempted to keep this quilt for her but I had already made the decision to donate it to Project Linus. I guess I will just have to make another baby quilt!

6 comments:

laurajane said...

Looking lovely ,can't wait to see it finished.xx

vtquilter said...

What a pretty quilt! Corners can always be something plain like a purple or white square.
Congrats to them and you could always save this one off for them and then make another for Project Linus....

Linda said...

What a pretty quilt this will be. I love it.

Judy said...

What a beautiful quilt

Grit said...

Der sieht wunderschön aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Brenda said...

This is a very nice little quilt. I am sorry you had a rough day at work, but I am glad you took some time to do something to bring your spirit's back up!! Very pretty sewing project!!

And I am going to have to give your bread recipe a try!! I LOVE homemade bread, but do not make it enough. I have just bought myself a bag of fresh whole wheat flour so, I am going to have to use some in this recipe now!! I am going to have to go find the wheat gluten though - I do not have that...and I should check the date on my yeast... but this weekend I will give it a go and let you know what happens!!!

Have a great summer now that it is here and make some great memories!!!