Friday, June 1, 2012

Pink Nine Patch - Project Linus


I have been working on hand stitching the binding on this cute little quilt over the last several evenings and I finished it up this morning. I don't have to work today and it is a very dark, dreary, rainy day...perfect for staying inside and getting some sewing time in. I love how this quilt turned out even though I had some trouble with the binding and it didn't turn out quite as well as it normally does. It is a donation quilt and I firmly believe that when I make something for charity that it should be just as wonderful as something I would give to a loved one. Even though it is not quite 'perfect' - my corner miters have some cosmetic challenges - I still think it is a gorgeous quilt worthy of being loved. If I had a little girl of my own I know that she would love to receive it!!
I love the backing fabric I used!












This quilt came about because of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks that I have been making each month. When I made the pink blocks for my rainbow quilt I couldn't help but think how sweet and pretty they looked and that a whole quilt made from the pink 9 patches would certainly light up a little girl's life when she may be going through a difficult time. I think this quilt will do just that! I quilted it in loopy-loops with white thread on my Janome 6600. It finished at 47" x 60" which puts it into the child category for a Project Linus quilt. I will deliver it to my local drop-off location this weekend and hopefully it will be  given to special child soon.

7 comments:

vtquilter said...

Ohhh. I just love that quilt. I agree, some lucky little girl is going to cherish this quilt.

laurajane said...

Such a lovely uilting.xxx

scraphappy said...

Lovely little quilt. Congratulations on getting it finished up. What a lovely way to use some pink scraps.

Jan-Maree said...

This is a perfect quilt fr a little girl, and you are right, charity quilts should not be any less than we make for our own - in fact those are the ones that have to work harder to shelter and warm

Susan said...

I love this pink quilt. How nice of you to donate it. I am following you again, for some reason blogger / google dropped some of my reading list.

Peg said...

What a lovely gift for somebody - it's beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I really love this little pink quilt and your right any little girl would just love to wrap herself up in it! Love sis