Sunday, June 3, 2012

Can I Go Sew Now?

Today has been one of those days where, like so many others, I have a mile long list of things that need to be done. I would really rather be sewing though!

I didn't do the dishes last night and when I woke up this morning I noticed that the dish fairy had not arrived yet so that is how I started my day....and I have been doing dishes all day long!

Today has been a baking day and once I got the dishes done I started making the dough for 2 loaves of whole wheat bread. This is the second time that I have used this recipe. The first time I made it the bread was perfect for toasting and sandwiches. If these loaves turn out as good as the first batch I will definitely share the recipe. I have been trying different recipes for the last while trying to the find the "perfect" recipe. The loaves look and smell wonderful! So, I had to do dishes again....and then I made my son a coffee cake. Last week he had requested that I make it and I was able to put it off until today. This recipe is a tried and true one and it has turned out great every time that I have made it.


I had made some egg salad for lunch and when my husband came into the kitchen he pointed out to me that we only had 2 buns left. So that meant I needed to make the dough for another batch of buns for lunches next week. I have been making this recipe since it was posted on this blog and it is so easy and soooo good. Every batch that I have made has been perfect and I seem to make them every 4 or 5 days. The only thing I do differently is that I leave off the seasoning (my husband doesn't care for it) and I make 8 buns instead of 12. My dough is fermenting in a bowl on the counter and I will bake the buns tomorrow when I get home from work.

I have a pork roast going in the oven, the potatoes and veggies are all ready and waiting to be cooked for supper. Laundry is almost done ..... can I go sew now...please???

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh! Beautiful! I am SO hungry now! Can I live at your house?

scraphappy said...

Wow, everyone must be well fed at your house, I think you should definitely go sew.

Jan-Maree said...

Oh YUM!!!! Fresh bread, coffee cake, bread rolls AND a pork roast - what a spoilt lot your lot is! How about sharing that coffee cake recipe - I guess if I can't have some of yours I could try to make my own. Happy baking - now go sew!

laurajane said...

If anyone deserves to go and sew,it's you.
Very busy lady,glad to see someone normal,I was beginning to think everyone in blog land stitched all day,and must have maids doing all the other stuff LOL...
Enjoy you sewing
Love Laura xxx

vtquilter said...

Must have been a baking weekend! I made white bread and 2 zucchini breads on Friday! Your's look so yummy. Hope you were able to sew. If the dish fairy ever shows up at your house... send her to mine after please. She is always a no show here.

Cathy said...

The bread looks wonderfully yummy!!! Do you use a bread machine, or do you do it the kneading it yourself way?

Cathy Tomm said...

My weekend sounded like your but I did more garden stuff and family kept telling me I need to do this or that. I did sew some. The coffee cake looks good. Can you share the recipe or the link to it?

Angie said...

Would LOVE your bread recipe. :)